Claps aren't enough
This time around, we don’t believe clapping is enough - it’s time for us to take action. This Thursday at 8pm, why not email your MP to tell them about the extra support you and your community need, and the support we need to give to frontline workers? We’ve written a draft email below to get you started.
Email your MP today
Dear <<MP name>>
My name is << insert name here>> and I’m writing to you today to ask that you do more to support our community through the pandemic. Six key areas of support that are needed:
- Supply IT equipment and broadband access to all students during the lockdown.
- Provide emergency Universal Basic Income to ensure no one is left behind.
- Start an immediate mortgage and rent holiday, and house those without homes.
- Support unions in their calls to keep their members and the public safe.
- Nationalise Test and Trace, putting public health back in the hands of public health experts.
- Redefine the designation of ‘key worker’ to essential industries such as food production and healthcare.
I would like you to raise these issues in Parliament, and bring this support to our community.
Please respond to my email and outline the steps you intend to take to address my concerns. If applicable, please escalate my email to the relevant parliamentarian or department and keep me informed of any progress.
I look forward to hearing your response in due course.